GIFT IDEAS: MOTHERS DAY

Monday 2 March 2015

How hard is it to find a great gift for ALL these events that happen throughout the year? Birthdays! Mothers Day! Fathers Day! Christmas! 

I have found the PERFECT GIFT!

March is a great/nightmare month for me because not only is it usually Mothers Day, but my mums birthday also falls in the same month. It is so hard to find her two great presents! I always try so hard to put a lot of thought into gifts. I try and make them as personalised as possible. 

Last year I really wanted to get my mum a picture of her three daughters. As none of us live together anymore we rarely see each because of work/school schedules, so getting a picture of us all in the same room was a challenge in itself. It is such an AWFUL picture of us three two but to be fair, it was straight after we'd all finished work, I was pregnant and not very well and we all didn't have a chance to prep for the photo! I was just going to put the picture in a standard photo frame because I know my mum would be happy with just that. But I was really excited when I stumbled across Harkons

Harkons is an independent company run by a girl that creates absolutely stunning photo blocks using pictures that she has taken of Cornwall, the beautiful county I live in. The photographs she takes are transferred onto blocks of recycled wood that are about 6 inches in size and are quite thick, so are great for free-standing. She also includes an optional recycled ring pull as a photo hook if you wish to put your photo on the wall. It's such a cute idea!

The extra great thing about her company is that she also creates personalised photo blocks and can take most images that you have taken and transfer them. It's such a unique way to make your images look that little bit extra special. You can choose the size of your block, from 4 inches, 6 inches, 7 inches to 9 inches. 
The photo blocks are an amazing price too! For a block with her own photograph on it's £7.50. Or personalised images start from £4.50 for the 4 inch block and go up to £13.50 for a 9 inch. I personally love the cuteness of the 6 inch blocks.

If you are ordering a personalised gift then I'd recommend you put your order in in advance because she is very popular! Your order usually take about 3-5 days to be delivered.

Here's a link to both of her online pages!



She has a great offer on at the moment as well! If you order any of her products on Etsy before March 16th then you can get 20% off! Simply type the code MOTHERS20 into the discount section when checking out.

No comments

Post a Comment