GIFT IDEAS: THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LOST HER NAME BOOK

Wednesday 25 February 2015

I have recently found a book that I absolutely ADORE! I love personalised gifts and always try to hand make gifts or at least buy them as personal as possible...

I was so so happy for Evie to receive this book for Christmas from her grandma and fully intend to get it for other people I know. It's not like any other personalised book as the entire story is created by your childs name.

In the story, the little boy or girl wake up to discover that they cannot remember their name. They then go off on a courageous journey to rediscover it. Along the way the meet a variety of creatures who help them and each creature donates the first letter of their name to the child. At the end of the story the little boy or girl realise that the letters they have collected spell out their lost name.

The book is a colourful and stunningly illustrated. Every name creates a different story and you can actually go and preview your own story (click here) on the books website. If you have more than one letter in your name then worry not, their is no duplicate pages as they have created enough different animals to cater for this. For example, along Evie's magical journey she met a forgetful Elephant, a Viking who loved to bake ciabattas, a misunderstood Imp and a friendly eagle.
 The book isn't that expensive for such a beautiful keepsake and is printed on environmentally friendly paper which gives it a beautiful finish. It looks and feels a lot nicer and sturdier than general picture books. This would make the perfect gift for any child from newborn to primary school!

I would have LOVED to have had this book when I was younger. We can't wait for Evie to understand the story and get excited about the adventure that she goes on in the book in order to retrieve her name.

This post is linked with...
#ToddlerApprovedTuesday

8 comments

  1. I keep seeing these book review's, I think I will be adding them to our Christmas wants list ( I know, I know its forever away!!) a perfect little stocking filler, or family gift. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for linking up to #ToddlerApprovedTuesday. We also have a pinboard and facebook page you can join and post to, just tweet us if you would like adding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to start planning Christmas early! It sneaks up so quickly! They're definitely good Christmas presents, that's when Evie got hers. :-) I love that each one is so different too. xx

      Delete
  2. I got one of these for Lamb when he was a baby, I absolutely love it!!! Such an amazing book #toddlerapprovedtuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautifully written isn't it! I wish I was young enough to get away with having one for myself. x

      Delete
  3. Great review for this lovely book.

    We'd love you to join the #toddlerapprovedtuesday Facebook group so you can add your posts each week too.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1603157459926512/

    Thanks so much for linking up to #toddlerapprovedtuesday this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting & for the link. I'll definitely join them up. I love this linky :-) x

      Delete
  4. I love this book we have it for our youngest, and I love that he has 2 Ds I'm his name but they aren't both dragons in the book! #toddlerapprovedtuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! Evie has two E's & she has an eagle & an elephant. It's really beautiful. I thought because she had a short name, that she'd have a short book, but they bump it out with extra pages so everyone has the same :-) xx

      Delete