SPRING IN ST. IVES CORNWALL

Monday 9 March 2015

Never a day goes by when I don't LOVE where I live. I feel so lucky & appreciative of just how beautiful Cornwall is...

There was actually a time when I was a teenager, when I couldn't wait to get away from it. Off to a a big city full of opportunity and fun. When I did leave for London, I didn't really miss Cornwall until I came back to visit. One glimpse of St. Ives and some real fresh air was all it took.
I never intended to move back for a while. But I'm glad I did because now I have Evie, I wouldn't want her to grow up anywhere else in the world. We're surrounded by such stunning scenery and Cornwall is full of some amazing communities and has such a strong sense of culture. There are also countless things to do for FREE with little ones here. Even just going for a walk on one of the many beaches or exploring coves and woodlands is bliss!
We made the most of the sunshine this weekend and went for a walk on Porthminster Beach. As you can see in the top picture Evie is trying to give me a few grains she picked up. I can't wait to actually get to go to the beach this summer. This is the first time Evie has actually started to explore the beach & be curious about the sand. I can't wait to get down here when it's warmer with a bucket & spade. 

Last year I made the silly mistake of going to the beach with her ALONE when she was only a few months old. You would not believe how difficult that was. Trying to put up & dismantle the tent when you're by yourself, with a baby, was a nightmare! Luckily she's a lot bigger now so this year shouldn't be too difficult. 

We were so lucky to live above this beach last year & although the house we were living in had so many problems, I miss waking up to this view everyday. There's something about walking along the beach on a sunny day that really lifts your spirits.
Where do you live? Are there beaches near you? 

No comments

Post a Comment