TEETHING: HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH IT?

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Oh wow! Teething! I never realised it would be like this. I just want to say now...
 'Sorry mum! For all of the sleepless nights I gave you!'
I am feeling so grumpy. Evie already has four teeth but somewhere among those empty gums, some more are desperately trying to push through. So many mums have said to me that they didn't even notice when their baby cracked a tooth. YOU ARE SO SO LUCKY!!

Evie seems to get a temperature, becomes ultra clingy, ultra fussy, dribbles enough to fill a small paddling pool & constantly has cheeks that look like she's just been experimenting with my blusher. Worst of all...SHE WON'T SLEEP THROUGH!

I know that lots of mums have babies that have never slept through. I really do feel for you. We have been very lucky. Evie has been sleeping through since she was a few months old. But for the past two months, every night, two to three times a night she's up. We've tried:

TEETHING GEL - this really didn't make a difference for us?
TEETHING RINGS - Evie is just not interested in these toys, even if they've been in the fridge!
AMBER NECKLACE - it didn't stop the dribbling or relieve any symptoms although I know it's worked for a lot of people!
TEETHING GRANULES - We've tried a few different ones & nelsons teetha are the only ones that have actually worked a treat! We noticed that sometimes when Evie gets fussy it's because they've run their course & it's time for a new dose.
CALPOL - Works ok for us.
IBUPROFEN - Really helped when she has a temperature & is clawing at her mouth & ears!
All I can say is:

SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE YOU ABSOLUTE GOD SEND!
This is the best teething toy ever! It's suitable from birth & is a great sensory development toy because it stimulates all five of your baby's senses! It works absolute wonders on little miss tantrum, or at least did.

 It has been such an amazing help & I've seen so many parents walk past us in the street, their children also clutching their Sophie's & we've shared that mutual look of appreciation for her. 

Now Evie's getting bigger though, the novelty of Sophie is starting to wear off. She used to take her EVERYWHERE & would chew chew chew for hours! Perhaps she's losing her nice taste & smell? Or perhaps now Evie's nearly one she needs new ways to deal with her teeth?

I can't really complain about her fussing. I've had a wisdom tooth coming through for a while now & their are days when I could do with a Sophie & some teething granules. The part that it's the hardest is the sleepless nights. A sleepless baby means very grumpy parents. 

Calling all mums & dads! I need help! Do you have ANY tips for teething? Please please feel free to leave them below!

No comments

Post a Comment