5 SHIT THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY

Saturday 2 May 2015

I wrote this post because I've had a shit day. But reading back over the draft I realise I'm being so whiny! Seriously...man up Chloe! All of these things seem ridiculous. Why have I let them affect my day? I'm still posting this post, because I'm curious. Do you feel this way sometimes? If not please feel free to glare at me through your computer.

Here are the 5 shit (but actually really not) things that happened today...
1. Evie was up in the night AGAIN. 
I preferred it when she was a newborn & I wasn't guaranteed sleep. My body was used to it. But now I'm used to having more sleep, my brain can't seem to handle this disruption.

2. It was raining & the tyre is flat AGAIN.
I'm in a bad mood & it's raining. Evie gets so fussy when we're indoors all day. But our tyre looks really flat again. If I go out, I need to put air in the tyres, which means standing outside in the rain. We've clearly got a slow puncture but Jamie likes to deal with the car & he's working. *stares at tyre with evils as if that will make it inflate*

3. I took Evie out to give her some much needed entertainment & she fell asleep.
Evie was whining & getting fed up with playing. I finally embraced the rain, pumped the tyre & took her out to entertain her. Opening the car door, I find that she's asleep. This bothers me more than it should.

4. I make the most of the moment & take the chance to have a peaceful coffee. Costa is close by so I ran in, Evie with me & asleep her pram, & queued up. I was so excited to just sit & relax for a few minutes without having to chase her around. There were a few tables that would fit my pram so I put my order in & waited, only to turn around when it was ready & realise that all of the new queuers had taken the last tables. I didn't have anyone with me that could bagsy a table & didn't like to abandon Evie & her pram while I was waiting. I grumpily asked the barista to pour my latte into a takeaway cup. 

5. I made dinner (this is so hard with a toddler) only to realise that the chicken was off. Evie is so clingy at the moment. She fussed & cried to be picked up the whole time I made dinner. She clambers up my leg better than Spider Man can climb up buildings in New York. Trying to use knives & handle raw chicken when she's doing this is so difficult. I eventually finished making my dinner only to get one whiff of the cooked chicken & realise it's a few days out of date. Now I can't be bothered to cook again.

Sometimes I wonder if I secretly enjoy being grumpy, I do it so much & so well. I could have looked at these situations in such a different way.

1. I am so thankful for the late night cuddles with my beautiful, healthy daughter.

2. I love my car & we are so lucky to have it.

3. I got to do my shopping quicker than normal.

4. I got to enjoy a delicious coffee.

5. I had a great excuse to have chocolate for tea.

2 comments

  1. I used to put Midge in her cot with toys when I had to do things, and we have a gate on our kitchen as Im scared one of them will try grab off the top or touch the hot oven door. Have some special toys which are kept for them times so they are more interested in them than toys they play with every day. obviously if your cot is upstairs/ you arnt comfortable with doing that then a play pen or travel cot would do the job just aswell. But maybe im a mean mummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gate on the kitchen is such a good idea! I normally shut the door & she just cries & cries because she can see me but can't get in. I feel so awful but I know she's safe. At least with a gate she'll be there with me. Having separate toys is also such a good tip. I'm going to try that as of tomorrow! :-D x

      Delete