THE THINGS I'VE LEARNT

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Before I had Evie, I was one of those parents-to-be who planned to record every single new thing my baby did. I was going to be there with the camera at every milestone, I'd print pictures off daily & I'd stick them into a beautiful scrap book with a funny caption. In reality, I didn't even manage to get a picture of me in hospital with my newborn baby.

Lately I keep finding myself saying to my other half, 'Oh did you not know she does that? She's been doing that for weeks?' He's not around much because of work & this makes me feel so guilty that I've forgotten to tell him. For me she does something new everyday & new things get old so fast.

Welcome to 'The Things I've Learnt'. This will be a weekly post rounding up all of the new things Evie's doing this week. Feel free to join in & post your own.
I've learnt how to pretend cry. It's really overdramatic & obviously pretend. My mummy & daddy are scared that I'm already toying with emotions.

I've been toying with hello & goodbye. I leave the room waving & saying 'eye' (which is my bye) & blowing kisses. Then moments later I come rushing back in frantically waving saying 'hiya'.

I've learnto say 'Ta'. Usually when I'm handed my cup of water & occasionally when I'm given other foods & toys. But never for my milk. I'm too desperate to drink it. 

I've learnt two new words & can now say egg & dig. I copied my mummy when she wasn't even teaching me. She's now got to be careful what she says in front of me because I'm always listening.

I've learnt to feed myself. I can already hold a spoon but this week I've learnt how to dip it in the bowl & then put it in my mouth. The food isn't always still on there but I don't seem to notice.

I've learnt that when I read my 'Is This My Nose?' book I'm supposed to point to a part on my face on every page. I can point to each part, but not in the right order yet.

I try & find my reflection if a hat or toy is put on my head. My mummy put some bunny ears on my head this week & I tried to climb up to look in the mirror but found the turned off TV instead. My mummy was amazed by this.

I keep trying to put my socks on myself. But all I do is rest them on my foot & get confused when they fall off.


What has your little one learnt this week? I'm tempted to turn this into a LINKY. I'd love some feedback on this.

This post is linked up with...
Mami 2 FiveMaternityMondays


12 comments

  1. Awh this is so adorable! I don't have kids but this is what I'm really looking forward to one day when I do :) I remember all these things happening with my little sister and my (currently 7 year old) cousin.
    Pretend crying is the funniest though xD Is it weird that my dog does this? You can totally tell it's fake and just for attention haha x

    http://thecornishlife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) It's really hard not to laugh when she's doing it. Hahaha your dog is so clever! :-D He sounds like he knows how to wrap you around his little paw! :-) x

      Delete
  2. Oh bless! How sweet is this. Love the 'ta' one...my twins were so cute when they learned that one!! Jess x #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So sweet! I can't get over the changes they make as soon as they turn 1! Definitely not a baby anymore! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely idea for a linky! Great way to keep track, I have a meticulous baby book of milestones for my first and a totally fictional one for my second as I kept forgetting to fill it in... oops! Lovely to remember all the little things like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm going to put the linky idea into motion this week. Haha in Evie's milestone book it's semi-fictional, sometimes we have to guesstimate! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea. I was planning to do a similar update monthly because my husband misses so much but could easily do it weekly, they change so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frightening how much they learn & how quickly. You should definitely write one for your husband. Jamie read this & loved it this week. He didn't know half the things she's done on it so it was refreshing for him to find out.x

      Delete
  5. ahh this is such a cute idea clever little girl learning new words! think it would make a really sweet linky! thanks for linking up to #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm going to put the linky plans in motion this week. It's so scary how fast they grow & how quickly they learn. xx

      Delete
  6. Aw such a lovely little round up! It is amazing how much ou forget if you don't write it down isn't it? I am loving writing LM's monthly updates for all the random little things she has learned, and wish I had been blogging when Monkey was tiny and done the same with him! Thanks for linking with #MaternityMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I was going to start this the week before but I'd already forgotten what she'd learnt. I'm writing down everything as we go now. It is so nice to capture it isn't it! I do wish i'd done this sooner. x

      Delete