APRIL: 10 THINGS I'VE LOVED THIS MONTH

Saturday 25 April 2015

April has been so lovely. March was full of: moving house, Evie's first birthday, organising my mums surprise 50th birthday, me leaving my job. BIG LIFE THINGS! It was so nice just to enjoy April without anything major to worry about. There were so many great things that happened in April but I've narrowed it down (this has taken ages to do) to: 10 THINGS THAT I HAVE LOVED THIS MONTH.

1. Last Easter Evie was 2 weeks old. I had just been released from hospital after having a post-birth infection. Jamie had just gone back to work. It was the Easter holidays & he's a chef. We just didn't see him. I was so tired & so scared because I had no idea what to do with my fragile little newborn. I didn't even have a chance to enjoy Easter. I was really looking forward to this year. I really do love Easter. Evie is now 1 & has such a beautiful personality. Easter Sunday was just perfect & more than made up for last year. I LOVED watching Evie open her easter basket. We then went out for a DELICIOUS roast lunch with my family. By the end of the day I had eaten way too much chocolate & was in a happy Easter bubble. (See post here!)
2. I used to go to Paradise Park a lot when I was little. It's right around the corner from my house so we took Evie last week. It was a lot of fun. I loved feeding the animals with Evie & my mum & then we were lucky enough to bump into some of our friends in the big indoor soft play area. I don't know who had more fun, the adults or the little ones. (See post here!)

3. How cute is this chair? I fell in love with it when I saw it in Sue Ryder. Evie looks adorable sitting in it. I've been looking for a little armchair for months to go in her reading corner. She seems to have more fun getting in & out of it at the moment than just sitting still.

4. I loved planting sunflowers with Evie. She loved making a mess with the soil & trying to drink the water in the watering can. (See post here!)

5. I barely get time with Jamie because he works SOOOOOO much. We booked to go rock climbing together as one of our 'A YEAR OF DATES'. It was terrifying, fun & such an incredible bonding experience. It's made our relationship so much tighter. (See post here!)

6. It's so rare for my little family to get quality time together. Jamie's had a bit more time off this week so we made the most of the sunshine & took Evie to the park for the first time. It was really lovely to see her toddling around the gardens & laughing so much on the swings & slides.

7. I am a blogging newbie & I am so amazed by how incredibly friendly the blogging community is. Everybody is so supportive of each other & I've felt very welcomed. I've loved finding out more about lots of people through the little windows into their lives & can't wait to get on my laptop everyday to catch up!
8. I don't have a picture for this one! But a few of my girl friends dragged me along to BINGO (yes bingo) last week. I can't believe how much fun it is & how mind boggling. I didn't win anything (ohhhh!) but I really enjoyed taking part.

9. My mum took us away for a mini break to see my brother & sister. It was so nice to break away for a few days & shop in all of the shops we don't have in Cornwall (Primark, H&M, IKEA, the list goes on!) It was Evie's first ever holiday & she really enjoyed herself. We were so lucky to have a lot of sunshine & took advantage of it by exploring a bit more of the stunning New Forest.

10. It was so hard to choose the picture for this. I have so many beautiful pictures of us on the beach from this month. Jamie works as a chef on Porthminster Beach. We are so lucky to live where we do & go on this beach almost daily to play when we pick up Jamie or visit him if he's on a break. I love this time of year because it's quiet enough that you have the beach practically to yourself, but warm enough that you can wear summer clothes. Never a day goes by where I am not grateful to live here & so proud to be Cornish.
A Cornish Mum

9 comments

  1. What a lovely choice of photos, looks like you've had a great April! I love the first photo with the bunny ears, and the toddler armchair is so cute! #TenThings
    Sabrina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beach looks amazing!A bit of sunshine makes everything seem better doesn't it!Your daughter is so cute!Lovely pics!

    Julie x
    https://pickinguptoys.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! That beach photo hasn't even been edited! It was such a beautiful day. You wouldn't believe that it's just the UK. x

      Delete
  3. Those bunny ears are so cute! :D

    You're so lucky to be living close to such a gorgeous beach, Cornwall is such a beautiful part of the country. I've not been there for a couple of years, but I really must get back down there as it's one of my favourite places to visit.

    By the way, we have something in common, well kinda, hehe. I see your first post was 14th February, that's the day I bought my domain and I made my first post the 16th - so both our newbie blogs were 'born' virtually the same time :)

    #tenthings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel so lucky everyday to live here. It must be nice to come down here on holiday sometimes away from the hustle & bustle.

      Oh wow another newbie! :-) I'm still trying to get my head around blogging. I didn't realise how big a community there was. It's so much fun isn't it! I can't believe how many great posts you've posted in that time. I thought you'd been around for years. :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. Yes, I found the same thing, huge community and really supportive and friendly too - it's like I've just found out that everyones been having one big party without me all these years, hehe.

    It's oodles of fun, I'm loving it so far - there's a statistic going around that most new blogs don't last a year and that bothered me at first. Each day that passes though, I'm still enjoying myself and so I'm hopeful I won't end up another statistic this time next year!

    Thanks for the compliment - funny thing is, I looked at your blog and thought something similar :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh your little girl is adorable! :) x

    http://thecornishlife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete